Cranborne Audio N22H - Headphone Amp, Cat 5 & CAST Breakout
N22H - Reference-Grade Headphone Amplifier, Cat 5 Snake, and C.A.S.T. Breakout Box.
Reference-grade headphone amplifier with advanced C.A.S.T. cable management, battery power, and switchable power modes
N22H is the ultimate tool for engineers and musicians looking to upgrade their headphone monitoring with a high-quality, reference-grade headphone amplifier capable of letting any pair of headphones shine.
N22H is a standalone, reference-quality headphone amplifier that you can use during mixing or mastering, but with its rugged steel enclosure and compact form factor, it’s also the ideal portable headphone amplifier that can be positioned next to the performer at the end a single shielded Cat 5e, Cat 6, or Cat 7 cable using Cranborne Audio’s unique C.A.S.T. system.
Reference-Quality Headphone Amplifier:
Based on the same custom design found in Cranborne Audio’s renowned 500R8 interface, N22H’s headphone amplifier achieves a flat Frequency Response from 0.8Hz to above 250kHz and ultra-low distortion (0.0009% THD+N, 100 kOhm load) allowing it to power headphones with clean, transparent power during critical listening, mixing, and mastering. There’s also enough power (up to 950mW per-ear) to drive headphones at high-volumes during tracking - perfect for loud drummers!
Advanced Connectivity With C.A.S.T.
Using Cranborne Audio’s C.A.S.T. system, N22H can be effortlessly positioned where it is needed using a single shielded Cat 5e, Cat 6, or Cat 7 cable. With a range of 330ft/100m, N22H and C.A.S.T. is the ideal solution for convenient headphones distribution as well as a connectivity hub for mic/line sources as an all-analogue, Cat 5e snake.
- Two balanced combi jack inputs
- Two balanced XLR and 1/4” jack outputs
- Fully supports 48v phantom power
- Reference-quality headphone amplifier
- THD+N: <0.0009% (-100.4dB) @ +6dBu, 1kHz, A-weighted, 100 kOhm load
- Output Wattage (1kHz): 252mW x 2 @ 600 ohms, 502mW x 2 @ 220 ohms, 950mW x 2 @ 100 ohms, 470mW x 2 @ 32 ohms
- Frequency Response: 1dB, <0.8Hz to >200kHz
- Switchable High and Low Power Modes
- High Power optimised for maximum power and performance for high-impedance, over-ear, and open back mixing/mastering headphones
- Low Power optimised for maximum battery life for low-impedance, in-ears and closed back tracking headphones
- 9V Battery compartment (Up to ~10 hours battery life (Low Power Mode). Up to ~2 hours Battery life (High Power Mode))
- 9V DC Power Inlet - can be powered with any 3rd party 9v DC (centre negative) guitar pedal power supply (1000mA supply recommended)
- C.A.S.T IN RRTT Port - for connecting to the C.A.S.T. Output of N22 or other C.A.S.T. enabled devices
- C.A.S.T OUT TTRR Port - for connecting to the C.A.S.T. Input of 500R8, 500ADAT or other C.A.S.T. enabled devices
- Cat5 snake connectivity with N22 or second N22H
- Compatible with any shielded Cat 5e/Cat 6/Cat 7 cable with distances up to 100m/330ft
- Improved crosstalk performance with high-performance Cat 6 and Cat 7 (recommended)
- Ruggedised metal enclosure
- Fixing holes for permanent installation
- Cable-tie holes for cable management
- Non-slip rubber feet
- 3/8” mic stand thread mount on bottom
Tape Op Review