AMS Neve 88M USB 3.0 Audio Interface with ADAT IO
Using the same transformer-balanced technology as Neve’s flagship large-format 88RS, the 88M brings the legendary sound of AIR, Abbey Road and Capitol Studios into your home and portable studio setup.
- 88RS Console Preamp:
- The 88M uses the same microphone preamplifier as the world-leading 88R console. The 88 Marinair transformer-coupled preamp, used on countless top ten singles and film scores, is a proven design that delivers analogue punch and clarity to all signal sources.
- Transformer-Coupled Inputs:
- The 88M microphone, line and DI analogue inputs are fed through the Marinair transformer, ensuring that all microphone & instrument inputs benefit from the legendary Neve preamp sound.
- 10x10 Audio Interface:
- The 88M has plenty of audio inputs for more extensive recording sessions – two analogue inputs via the onboard preamps combined with eight digital inputs via ADAT optical connection allow for tracking up to ten signals. In addition, there are ten available outputs, two analogue monitor sends and eight digital outputs via ADAT optical connection, ideal for expanded monitoring, additional performer cue sends or connecting to different analogue units.
- Studio Monitor Outputs:
- The 88M has two dedicated TRS outputs for your studio monitors, precisely controlled from the 88RS-style monitor pot with a centre detent set to -12dB below the maximum for the ideal studio listening level.
- Professional Headphone Amplifier:
- The 88M headphone amplifier has plenty of headroom for professional headphones with independent level control and a front-mounted TRS connection.
- Balanced Insert Loop:
- Both preamp channels feature a balanced insert send & return loop, ideal for connecting analogue outboard processing into your recording chain. Each insert send is always active, allowing for signal splitting, and providing an analogue output for each preamp before the A/D converter.
- Built to Last:
- Like its progenitor – the two-ton 88RS console, the 88M is built to last. Housed in a high grade and robust shell, the 88M is the ideal interface to take out on the road.
- Reference-Grade Conversion:
- The 88M uses premium AD/DA conversion chips to deliver ultimate fidelity for all outgoing and incoming audio signals. With the 88M in your home studio arsenal, you can trust your converters, knowing that the recorded sound is as pure as the sound in the studio.
- Latency-Free Monitoring:
- Several built-in and simple to use monitoring options are available, providing latency-free monitoring for mono and stereo signal sources. Ideal for playback, tracking and overdubbing.
- USB 3.0 Bus Powered:
- The 88M is designed for plug-and-play connectivity, taking power directly from the USB 3.0 connection. This class-compliant audio interface can be connected quickly to any laptop and be ready to record music in minutes.
Tape Op Review
View the PDF below for all specifications.