Sony PXW-Z90 Compact 4K Camcorder
The Sony PXW-Z90 4K HDR XDCAM camcorder offers phase-detection autofocus (AF) and HDR capabilities in a compact, palm-style body. Suitable for corporate events, broadcast news, and television production, the PXW-Z90 camcorder features a stacked 1" Exmor RS CMOS sensor with UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) resolution, a 12x Zeiss optical zoom, an OLED viewfinder, and 3.5" touchscreen LCD monitor. It can record 4K in XAVC Long at 4:2:0, HD in XAVC Long at 4:2:2 10-bit, as well as MPEG HD at 4:2:2 (requires optional license key). S-Log3/S-Gamut3 functions offer users additional image control.
The PXW-Z90's Fast Hybrid AF uses high-density placement of autofocus points and a newly developed AF algorithm to offer highly accurate focusing and tracking—a boon when shooting UHD 4K, especially for individual operators. In movie recording mode, use the appearance of phase-detection AF frames to monitor your subject's focus. The PXW-Z90's 3.5" touchscreen is used to quickly switch focus among subjects. AF Drive Speed, Tracking Depth Range, and Subject Switching Sensitivity can each be configured to suit different subjects and content styles.
Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG) enables you to future-proof your output by smoothly integrating your 4K recordings into an HDR workflow without the need for color grading during post-production. Capture images with high-quality contrast and resolution using the PXW-Z90V's 12x optical Zeiss zoom, and 18x 4K digital zoom (24x in HD). An integrated ND filter function enables greater exposure and depth-of-field control.
The PXW-Z90 camera supports Sony's Slow and Quick Motion for shooting HD video at variable frame rates, including 120 fps. Recording to a variety of formats, frame rates, and codecs, the camcorder supports 100 Mb/s XAVC Long recording of 4K UHD video at up to 29.97p, and 50 Mb/s capture of HD up to 59.94p. Footage is recorded to two SD memory card slots, either simultaneously to both cards or in relay mode to create a backup. The PXW-Z90's 3G-SDI output offers integration with professional studio environments.
Additional features include built-in 2.4/5 GHz for multiple streaming and FTP options. The PXW-Z90 provides external microphone support via two 3-pin XLR audio inputs (line, mic, mic +48V phantom) and a 3.5mm mini input. You can also use the PXW-Z90's built-in microphone to record audio when shooting. For multicamera productions, the PXW-Z90 integrates seamlessly with Sony's MCX-500 live switcher (available separately).
• Features a large 14.2-megapixel (effective) 1.0-type stacked CMOS image sensor.
• Enhanced Fast Hybrid autofocus (AF) with up to 273 reference points covering approximately 84% of the image area,face detection and lock-on auto focus technology to estimate subject movement.
• 29mm wide-angle ZEISS Vario-SonnarT* lens.
• 12x optical zoom can be increased to 18x with Clear Image Zoom, maintaining QFHD resolution, 24x in HD. In addition, the Digital Extender can double this range again, up to 48x zoom.
• 2359K dot OLED viewfinder and 3.5-type 1550K dot LCD
• Dual XLR audio inputs with Phantom power
• Wi-Fi/NFC with Content Browser Mobile™allows the PXW-Z90 to be remotely controlled from a smartphone or tablet.
• 5GHz and 2.4GHz Wi-Fi.
• Sony PXW-Z90V 4K HDR XDCAM with Fast Hybrid AF
• XLR Handle
• Lens Hood
• Lens Cap
• Large Eyecup
• Accessory Shoe Kit
• USB Cable
• Sony NP-FV70A V-Series Battery Pack for Handycam Camcorders (1900mAh)
• Sony AC-L200 AC Adapter for Handycam Using A/P/F-Series InfoLITHIUM Batteries
• Power Cord
• RMT-845 Wireless Remote
• CR2025 Lithium Battery for Remote