Key Terminology that will help you select the right Eartec system:
- Full-Duplex – Mode of communication where transceivers can send and receive signals simultaneously. Provides hands-free, open line talking pattern.
- Simplex – Traditional Two-Way radio mode of wireless where users take turns talking. Transmissions are normally initiated by pushing a button (PTT).
- Voice Activated (VOX) – Setting available for some simplex radios where users voice initiates a transmission instead of pushing a button. Voice-activated DOES NOT allow users to talk simultaneously.
- Digital Transmission – Microprocessor converts voice into a digital signal. The transceiver uses this digital Code, 1’s and 0’s, instead of traditional analog radio waves.
- Base Station – A centralized signal relay that connects remote transceivers in a full-duplex wireless intercom.
- DECT – Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications – Utilized worldwide for non-licensed interference-free, digital voice communications.