About Blackmagic Studio Camera
Blackmagic Studio Camera is one of the most advanced broadcast cameras for live production because it includes features specifically targeted at the requirements of live production! Currently customers often need to use cameras designed for general video production for live work and this means they don’t get features that live production demands, such as large viewfinder, talkback, tally, optical fiber and a super strong metal design. Inside the incredibly tough and lightweight magnesium alloy body, the Blackmagic Studio Camera features a very large 10” viewfinder, long duration 4 hour battery, talkback, tally indicators, phantom powered microphone connections and built in optical fiber and SDI connections that let you connect to a live production switcher with a single cable!
One of the problems of cameras used in live production is small viewfinders and the Blackmagic Studio Camera includes a massive 10 inch screen that allows incredible creativity when framing and accurately focussing. The viewfinder’s LCD is extremely bright and has a very wide viewing angle so it is perfect for use even in direct sunlight. The camera also includes a large fold up sun shield making it perfect for outdoor use and the sun shade also acts as a privacy shield when in use.
Micro Four Thirds Lens Mount
The Blackmagic Studio Camera features an active Micro Four Thirds lens mount that is compatible with an incredibly wide range of lenses and adapters. This allows customers to use high quality photo lenses for smaller setups or fixed camera use, and then use high end broadcast ENG lenses for large live broadcasts using an MFT to B4 lens mount adapter. This means customers can start out with a more affordable setup based on photo lenses and then move to larger but more expensive ENG lenses as they grow their business.
Fiber Optic Connection
The Blackmagic Studio Camera includes a built in fiber optic connection, allowing customers to get the many advantages of long lengths and small size and weight of optical fiber for a single thin tether cable to connect cameras to your live production switchers. The optical fiber connection is bi-directional and carries HD or Ultra HD video with embedded audio, talkback, tally and even camera remote control. The built in talkback allows the camera operator and crew to communicate at all times during production using commonly available and very robust general aviation headsets for better quality talkback with better noise canceling at a much lower cost.
The Blackmagic Studio Camera supports the tally SDI standard used on the ATEM range of live production switchers and tally lights illuminate automatically with a light on the front for talent, and a light above the viewfinder for the operator, making it easy for the cast and crew to see which cameras are on air. To allow independent operation with only a single optical fiber cable, the Blackmagic Studio Camera also includes a massive 4 hour battery that means the camera has enough power for use on long live productions as well as setup time before the event starts. The operator side control panel allows instant access to focus, iris and on screen menu settings. On screen menus are overlaid on the viewfinder and slide on and off as needed.
- High resolution 1920x1080 sensor in HD model and Ultra HD sized sensor in 4K model.
- Built in large 10 inch super bright wide viewing angle LCD viewfinder with sun shade.
- Optical SMPTE compatible SFP optical fiber socket allowing user installed optical fiber.
- 3G-SDI on HD model for up to 1080p60 and 12G-SDI on 4K model for up to 2160p60.
- Compatible with high quality Micro Four Thirds lenses. Compatible with other mounts via common third party adapters such as B4 broadcast lens mount.
- Built in, two way digital quality talkback using high quality affordable general aviation headsets.
- Includes front and rear tally indicators using tally over SDI protocol.
- Built in DaVinci Resolve primary color corrector.
- Remote control camera features such as color corrector, lens control, talkback, tally and more via SDI from an ATEM switcher.
- Features all standard connections, including dual XLR balanced mic/line audio in with switchable phantom power, headphone and microphone jack for talkback, LANC remote control and standard 4 pin XLR broadcast standard DC 12V power connection.
- On screen menus for all camera settings.
- Supports 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30 and up to 60 fps in HD model, up to 60 fps in 4K model.
- Compatible with ATEM range of live production switchers.
||12.48mm x 7.02mm
||Micro Four Thirds (active), with auto iris control button
||1/50 to 1/2000 second
||Six presets: 3200K, 4500K, 5000K, 5600K, 6500K, and 7500K
||1920 x 1080p: 60/59.94/50/30/29.97/25/24/23.98
||10.1" (25.7 cm)
||1920 x 1200
||Integrated Stereo Microphone
||2 x 3/8" tripod mount
10 x 1/4" - 20 threaded holes (4 on top of the camera, 3 on left, 3 on right)
||Push button control for navigating menus
|Operating Systems Supported:
||Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or later
Windows 7 or later
||11 to 30 VDC
|External Power Input:
||1 x 4-pin XLR
||32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C
||-4 to 113°F / -20 to 45°C
||0 to 90%, non-condensing
|Dimensions (W x H x D):
||10.05 x 7.66 x 4.47" / 25.53 x 19.46 x 11.35 cm