The AXS-R5*, once docked with the HXR-IFR5, becomes an external RAW recorder for the NEX-FS700E* - enabling an even wider variety of creative shooting styles. Connection with the NEX-FS700E uses just a single 3G HD-SDI cable and the NEX-FS700E can become a camera head when used separately, or it can be used like a camcorder if the whole assembly is mounted onto a rig. (There is a 1/4 inch screw hole for those kinds of rig solutions.) The HXR-IFR5 uses the power source on the AXS-R5, which can be powered by a BP-FL75 lithium ion battery pack or an external DC 12V power source using the XLR 4 pin power input.
* AXS-R5 requires firmware version 1.20 or later and NEX-FS700E needs firmware version 3.00 (service upgrade of NEX-FS700Emay be a paid option).
Other than 4K (4096 × 2160) recording at 24p/25p/30p/50p/60p, 100fps and 120fps recording in 4K resolution is available for approximately 4 seconds. Also, in 2K (2048 × 1080) recording mode, 240fps/200fps/120fps/100fps high speed continuous recording is available for unlimited time. These high speed recording modes are only possible with the combination of NEX-FS700E, HXR-IFR5 and AXS-R5.
* Audio is not recorded in high speed RAW recording modes.
The combination of the HXR-IFR5 and the AXS-R5 makes possible recording 16 bit linear RAW files onto an AXS memory card, unlocking the full potential of the 4K imager on the NEX-FS700E so the broad latitude and high colour resolution can be captured in RAW format. Using the AXS-CR1 card reader, recorded RAW files can be easily transferred to a PC. Sony’s “RAW Viewer*” software allows viewing, processing and simple colour grading on files. In addition to high quality movies, high resolution 8.4M still pictures can also be captured.
* RAW Viewer Version 1.1 or later is necessary.
Even in RAW recording mode*, NEX-FS700E can simultaneously record AVCHD onto the camera’s memory card. Since the recorded AVCHD files will have the same time code as the RAW files, the AVCHD files can be used as proxy files for off-line editing.
* AVCHD cannot be recorded in high speed RAW recording mode.
* Recording duration is slightly different between RAW and AVCHD recording however time code is synchronized.
Recording/playback times using AXS-512S24 media
4K (4096 × 2160) Approx. 60 minutes (23.98P) or 24 minutes (59.94P)
2K (2048 × 1080) Approx. 240 minutes (23.98P) or 96 minutes (59.94P)
HDMI/Component/Composite video outputs on the NEX-FS700E and the AUX OUT of the AXS-R5 can be used for monitoring purposes. In order to achieve accurate monitoring of the wide dynamic range of RAW recording, Sony has added S-Log2 settings onto the picture profile of the NEX-FS700E (Ver.3.00).
* The gamma setting cannot be set individually for each video out/LCD panel/AVCHD recording.
* HD output or monitoring on FS700’s LCD are 16:9 mode only.
* AUX OUT of the AXS-R5 is disabled during 2K recording mode. (It is able to output 2K playback mode.)
(Firmware may require paid upgrade by service centre)
• RAW shooting mode (Output RAW data via SDI)4K (4096 × 2160) and 2K (4098 × 1080) / 23.98p, 25,p 29.97p, 50p, 59.94pSuper Slow 4K/100 and 120fps approx 4 sec, 2K/100,120,200 and240fps continuous. (HXR-IFR5 and AXS-R5 can record all these modes)
Addition of 2 gamma settings and preset [PP7] on Picture Profile S-Log2 and 709 (800%) gamma. It can apply to SDI/HDMI output and AVCHD recording.
Rec control embedded on SDI and HDMI for operating external recorder.
Support the secure access mode of Mirroring Memory Stick (PX series). Power zoom (SELP18200) lens supported for using the zoom lever on the grip of the camcorder.
|Mass (Body only)||910 g (2 lb)|
|Mass (including the AXS-R5, the battery pack BP-FL75 and the AXS memory card AXS-512S24)||2600 g (5 lb 11 oz)|
|Power Consumption||5.0 W|
|Power Requirements (AC adaptor / Battery)||DC11 V ~ 17 V|
|Dimension (W × H × D) (including protrusions / Body only)||115 mm × 189 mm × 127.5 mm|
|Dimension (W × H × D) (including the projecting parts, the AXS-R5 and the battery pack BP-FL75)||119 mm × 189 mm × 207 mm|
|Battery operating time (BP-FL75)
Continuous recording time
|Battery operating time (BP-FL75)
Continuous playback time
|Operating Temperature||0 ~ 40°C|
|Storage Temperature||-20 ~ +60°C|