|Form Factor||Rackable tower|
|Available Operating Systems1,2,3,4,15||Windows 10 Pro 64
Windows 10 Home 64
Windows 7 Professional 64 (available through downgrade rights from Windows 10 Pro 64)
Ubuntu Linux 64
HP Installer Kit for Linux®
(HP Linux Installer Kit includes drivers for 64-bit versions of Red Hat® Enterprise Linux 6.7 and 7, SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 and Ubuntu 14.04. Red Hat Enterprise Linux (1-year paper license only) is available as a second operating system.)
|Processor Family||Intel® Xeon® E5 2600 v4 processor; Intel® Xeon® E5 2600 v3 processor|
|Processors5,6||Intel® Xeon® E5-2650 v4 (2.2 GHz, 30 MB cache, 12 cores, Intel® vPro™);
Intel® Xeon® E5-2620 v4 (2.1 GHz, 20 MB cache, 8 cores, Intel® vPro™);
|Memory10||8 GB - 32 GB DDR4
1TB DDR4-2400 ECC registered SDRAM
(Transfer rates up to 2400 MT/s. Registered and load-reduced DIMMs may not be mixed.)
Maximum of 1 TB ECC load-reduced memory when 64 GB DIMMs used
8 DIMM (with 1 processor) and 16 DIMM (with 2 processors)
|Internal Storage7||500 GB up to 4 TB SATA (7200 rpm)
256 GB up to 512 GB HP Z Turbo Drive (PCIe SSD)
256 GB up to 1 TB HP Z Turbo Drive G2 (PCIe SSD)
512 GB (2 x 256 GB) up to 2 TB (4 x 512 GB) HP Z Turbo Quad Pro (PCIe SSD)
|Optical Storage8,9||Slim SATA DVD-ROM; Slim SATA SuperMulti DVD writer; Slim SATA BDXL Blu-ray writer|
|Additional Storage||15-in-1 media card reader (optional) HP DX115 Removable HDD Frame/Carrier (optional)|
|Available Graphics||NVIDIA® Quadro™ M2000M (4 GB);|
|I/O Controller||HP IEEE 1394b FireWire PCIe (optional) HP Thunderbolt™ 2 PCIe 1-port I/O Card (optional)|
|Audio||Integrated IDT 92HD94 audio|
|Communications 11||Integrated Intel® I210AT PCIe GbE; Integrated Intel® I218LM PCIe GbE; Intel® I210-T1 PCIe GbE (optional); HP X540-T2 10 GbE Dual Port Adapter (optional); HP X520 10 GbE Dual Port Adapter (optional); HP 10 GbE SFP+SR Transceiver (optional); HP 361T PCIe Dual Port Gigabit NIC (optional); Intel® 7260 802.11 a/b/g/n PCIe WLAN (optional);|
|Expansion Slots||2 PCIe Gen3 x16; 1 PCIe Gen3 x16 (when 2nd CPU installed); 1 PCIe Gen2 x4 (when 1 CPU installed) OR PCIe Gen3 x8 (when 2nd CPU installed); 1 PCIe Gen3 x8; 1 PCIe Gen3 x4; 1 PCIe Gen2 x1; 1 PCIe Gen2 x 4 when 1 CPU is installed; transforms to PCIe Gen3 x8 when 2nd CPU installed. The PCIe x8 connectors are open ended, allowing a PCIe x16 card to be seated in the slot.|
|Ports and Connectors||Front: 4 USB 3.0; 1 combo headset; 1 microphone
Rear: 4 USB 3.0; 2 USB 2.0; 1 serial; 2 PS/2; 2 RJ-45; 1 audio line in; 1 audio line out
Internal: 2 USB 2.0; 1 USB 3.0
Internal USB 2.0 available by the 2x5 header. Internal USB 3.0 available by a shrouded 9-pin connector.
|Drive Bays (Internal)||Four 3.5"|
|Drive Bays (External)||Two 5.25"; One slim ODD|
|Input Devices12||HP USB SmartCard Keyboard; HP 2.4 GHz Wireless Keyboard & Mouse; HP PS/2 Keyboard; HP USB Keyboard; HP USB Optical 3-Button Mouse; HP PS/2 Mouse; HP USB Optical Mouse; HP USB 1000 dpi Laser Mouse; HP SpaceExplorer 3D USB Controller; HP SpacePilot Pro 3D USB Intelligent Controller; 3Dconnexion CADMouse|
|Software14||HP Performance Advisor; HP Remote Graphics Software (RGS); Cyberlink Media Suite & PowerDVD; Foxit PhantomPDF Express; Buy Office|
|Security12||HP Chassis Intrusion Sensor; TPM 1.2 certified|
|Power||850 W 88% efficient, wide-ranging, active PFC; 1125 W 90% efficient, wide-ranging, active PFC|
|Dimensions (H x W x D)||8 x 20.7 x 17.5 in
20.3 x 52.5 x 44.4 cm
(Exact weight depends upon configuration.)
|Environmental Specifications13||Low halogen|
|Energy Efficiency Compliance14||ENERGY STAR® certified and EPEAT® registered configurations available|
|Compatible Displays||All HP Z Displays and HP DreamColor Displays are supported. For more information see www.hp.com/go/zdisplays|
|Warrenty||Protected by HP Services, including a limited 3 years parts, 3 years labor, and 3 years onsite service (3/3/3) standard warranty. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.|
1.Not all features are available in all editions or versions of Windows. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers, software or BIOS update to take full advantage of Windows functionality. Windows 10 is automatically updated, which is always enabled. ISP fees may apply and additional requirements may apply over time for updates. See http://www.microsoft.com .
2. This system is preinstalled with Windows 7 Professional software and also comes with a license and media for Windows 10 Pro software. You may only use one version of the Windows software at a time. Switching between versions will require you to uninstall one version and install the other version. You must back up all data (files, photos, etc.) before uninstalling and installing operating systems to avoid loss of your data.
3. Not all features are available in all editions or versions of Windows. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers, software or BIOS update to take full advantage of Windows functionality. See http://www.microsoft.com .
4. This system is preinstalled with Windows 7 Professional software and also comes with a license and media for Windows 8.1 Pro software. You may only use one version of the Windows software at a time. Switching between versions will require you to uninstall one version and install the other version. You must back up all data (files, photos, etc.) before uninstalling and installing operating systems to avoid loss of your data.
5. Multi-core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
6. Some vPro functionality of this technology, such as Intel® Active management technology and Intel Virtualization technology, requires additional 3rd party software in order to run. Availability of future "virtual appliances" applications for Intel vPro technology is dependent on 3rd party software providers. Microsoft Windows required.
7. For hard drives and solid state drives, 1 GB = 1 billion bytes. TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 30 GB of system disk is reserved for system recovery software.
8. Duplication of copyrighted material is strictly prohibited. Actual speeds may vary. Double Layer media compatibility will widely vary with some home DVD players and DVD-ROM drives. Note that DVD-RAM cannot read or write to 2.6GB Single Sided/5.2 Double Sided-Version 1.0 Media.
9. With Blu-Ray, certain disc, digital connection, compatibility and/or performance issues may arise, and do not constitute defects in the product. Flawless playback on all systems is not guaranteed. In order for some Blu-ray titles to play, they may require a DVI or HDMI digital connection and your display may require HDCP support. HD-DVD movies cannot be played on this Desktop PC.
10. For systems installed with Microsoft Windows 7 (Ultimate, Enterprise or Professional), the maximum accessible system memory is 192 GB. For systems installed with Microsoft Windows 8.x (Enterprise or Pro), the maximum accessible system memory is 512 GB.
11. Wireless cards are optional or add-on features and requires separately purchased wireless access point and internet service. Availability of public wireless access points limited.
12. Optional or add-on feature.
13. EPEAT® registered where applicable. EPEAT registration varies by country. See www.epeat.net for registration status by country
14. External power supplies, power cords, cables and peripherals are not low halogen. Service parts obtained after purchase may not be low halogen.
15. HP Installer Kit for Linux® includes drivers for 64-bit versions of Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 6.7 and 7, SUSE Linux® Enterprise Desktop 11 and Ubuntu 14.04. Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® (1-year paper license only) is available as a second operating system.
* Workstations must be configured with HP approved VR Ready graphics and CPUs