Crimson can operate without a USB connection too. Everything is fully
functional except for USB, MIDI and SPDIF in/out.
You can use Crimson as your studio preamplifer to monitor your audio sources
and to rehearse and play or sing along with the DAW.
Crimson has built-in USB Class 2 drivers for hot-plugging and recording
with an iPad. Do note that the original Apple Camera Kit Adapter is required.
USB & AD/DA Features
• USB 2.0 Hi-Speed audio/MIDI system
• USB Class 2.0 compliance (asynchronous mode)
• 6 simultaneous recording channels to the DAW
• 6 simultaneous output channels from the DAW
• 4 high performance AD/DA converters with 115dB S/N
• 24-bit audio processing and up to 192kHz Sample Rate
• Very low jitter due to FMCTM (Fixed-Master-Clock)
• No sample rate conversion or clock recovery for true 1:1 audio
• Super low latency Mac OS X HAL plug-in driver (1ms)
• Super low latency Windows ASIO/WDM driver (1ms)
• Mac OS X, iOS 6 and higher
• Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8
1. Please go to: www.spl.info/crimson
2. Register to access the latest drivers and manual
3. Download and install the Crimson driver
4. Connect your studio equipment to Crimson
• SPL Crimson
• 12V power supply
• Product guide
• Safety instructions
USB cable not included.