Custom-designed with the control room in mind, the DiGiGrid IOC audio interface features a variety of connectivity options: 2 mic/line inputs with broadcast-grade preamps, 8 line inputs/outputs, 16 AES inputs/outputs, an ADAT input/output, plus two powerful headphone outputs. Plug into the SoundGrid network using a single Ethernet cable, and the IOC will open up a world of real-time tracking, mixing and monitoring, with super-low latency of only 0.8 milliseconds. With the DiGiGrid IOC and a SoundGrid DSP server, you can run hundreds of SoundGrid-compatible plugins from Waves and other developers, all fully integrated within your DAW.
For a list of hosts compatible with DiGiGrid IOC, click here
, then scroll down and check under the Support tab.
The IOC installer includes the relevant drivers and software for your unit: the SoundGrid ASIO/Core Audio driver, the SoundGrid Studio Application, the eMotion ST mixer, StudioRack, and the IOC Control Panel.
DiGiGrid IOC Comes with the Complete SoundGrid Studio System Software by Waves
The SoundGrid Studio System is the next generation of sound technology. It is a real-time processing and networking platform designed to bring your studio up to light speed. It allows your DAW to offload its plugin processing to a SoundGrid DSP server and enables your devices to communicate with one another and with the devices of the people you work with. The SoundGrid Studio System integrates seamlessly with all DAWs and DiGiGrid (or other SoundGrid-compatible) I/Os, providing endless possibilities for setups of every size—from a single DAW with one DiGiGrid I/O, to an entire network of host computers, I/Os, and SoundGrid DSP servers.
The SoundGrid Studio System Gives You the Power to Do More
SoundGrid Studio System Software Components
- Real-Time Processing – Run hundreds of plugins simultaneously.
- Low-Latency Monitoring – Track and rehearse with full-on plugins in near-zero latency
- Networking – Connect everything and everyone through a centralized hub.
- Seamless Integration – Connect multiple DAWs using the SoundGrid ASIO/Core Audio driver
- Open Architecture – Compliant with SoundGrid-compatible Waves and third-party plugins.
SoundGrid Studio Application
- SoundGrid Studio Application – For managing the SoundGrid network on your host computer.
- eMotion ST Mixer – Low-latency monitoring with SoundGrid plugins for tracking and rehearsing.
- StudioRack – For running plugin chains, saving and loading their presets, and offloading their processing to a SoundGrid DSP server.
- SoundGrid ASIO/Core Audio – Connects any DAW to the SoundGrid network as a software I/O.
The SoundGrid Studio Application is your tool for managing all software and hardware connected to the SoundGrid network. With its dynamic I/O mapping ability, the SoundGrid Studio Application lets you configure your SoundGrid network, manage its various components, and set up any combination of drivers and SoundGrid-compatible devices. It also enables I/O sharing between several computers, allowing you to manage their resources from your host computer.
The SoundGrid Studio Application enables you to:
eMotion ST Mixer
- Configure your SoundGrid ASIO/Core Audio driver and DiGiGrid I/Os. (Auto-configuration Wizard available.)
- Process, mix and monitor in real time (together with StudioRack and the eMotion ST mixer).
- Connect and patch multiple hardware devices and software I/Os.
- Stream audio from and to multiple host computers running different DAWs.
- Create and save your own configuration templates.
- Access the DiGiGrid I/O Control Panel for controlling the parameters of your I/O (channel input gain, phantom power, etc.).
eMotion ST is the mixer part of the SoundGrid Studio System. Combined with StudioRack, it lets you run SoundGrid plugins for low-latency monitoring, giving you complex monitor mixing options while recording with your DAW.eMotion ST is a high-quality mixer with 8 multi-purpose inputs, 64 additional StudioRack input channels, 2 FX busses, 6 mix busses, and a main stereo mix. Since the mixer operates within the SoundGrid network, any DiGiGrid I/O or any available SoundGrid-compatible I/O device, whether hardware or driver-based, can provide it with inputs and outputs.
The eMotion ST mixer can run hundreds of Waves and third-party SoundGrid-compatible plugins in low latency, replacing in this respect the external mixer traditionally used to create monitor mixes for studios and headphones.
- 8 multi-purpose mono/stereo input channels
- 2 stereo FX aux buss/returns and 6 stereo aux buss/returns
- Up to 64 mono channel feeds from StudioRack plugins
- 8 insert slots per channel for SoundGrid plugins
- Connects to multiple DiGiGrid I/Os and other SoundGrid-compatible devices and hosts
- Compliant with SoundGrid-compatible Waves and third-party plugins
- Fully integrates with StudioRack
- Enables use of SoundGrid plugins as standalone processors for any purpose
- Requires at least one DiGiGrid I/O and a SoundGrid DSP server
StudioRack is a software rack dedicated to running plugin chains. The processing of each chain can then be directed to your host computer’s CPU or to a SoundGrid DSP server, as you choose. When you process your plugin chains on a SoundGrid server, StudioRack lets you monitor your tracks in extremely low latency via the eMotion ST mixer.
DiGiGrid IOC Control Panel
- Compatible with most popular DAWs
- Plugin chains are processed on local CPU or SoundGrid DSP server
- Compatible with Waves and third-party plugins
- Enables monitoring in super-low latency
- Up to 8 plugins per rack
- Fully automatable
- Plugin chain presets can be loaded on any DAW as well as on MultiRack and eMotion ST
- Instant access to plugin parameters within each chain
- Intuitive MIDI control over all plugins
- Avid Control Surface support
- Clock settings: source, sample rate, type, status
- Mic preamp controls: input gains, phantom on/off
- Input and output meters
- Save and load presets of unit settings
- Save your settings along with your Waves and SoundGrid host application sessions