RedNet 2 adds 16 remote-controlled analogue channels in and out to your RedNet network and can be located anywhere you can run an Ethernet cable. Featuring Focusrite’s precision 24-bit A-D and D-A conversion for superb audio performance, it delivers 119dB dynamic range at sample rates up to 192kHz. The rear panel includes standard DB25 connectors for analogue patchbay or breakout cable interfacing.
RedNet 2 can be used simply as a means of converting 16 channels of audio and delivering it some somewhere else on the network at near-zero latency. If you need to connect RedNet 2 to your computer there are three methods:
Studio quality sound meets digital audio networking…
- The RedNet PCIe card for Core Audio and ASIO applications such as Logic and Nuendo
- RedNet 5 for Pro Tools HD, Pro Tools HDX and Pro Tools HD Native via DigiLink connectors
- Directly to your computer’s Ethernet port using a standard Ethernet cable (and “Dante Virtual Soundcard”)
RedNet is Focusrite’s flagship range of modular Ethernet-networked audio interfaces that harnesses the power of Audinate’s tried and tested Dante digital audio networking system to bring studio quality sound to any modern audio application.
Designed with multiple audio applications in mind – from Live Sound rigs to Multi-room Recording Studios, Houses of Worship, Audio Distribution Installations, Post Production environments and anything in-between – fundamentally RedNet is an extremely scalable, near zero latency audio distribution system that can be used to expand I/O channel count, interface digital components, and/or bridge between Pro Tools|HD or MADI and the Dante audio network.
Incorporating Focusrite’s most advanced AD/DA conversion to date, rock-stable JetPLL clocking and premium multi-layered board circuitry, RedNet is no exception to the company’s philosophy that ‘Sound is Everything’. With every design detail meticulously engineered, RedNet is a step above its I/O competition, providing some of the most transparent and pristine audio quality available – with the added benefit of the systems’ revolutionary networking capabilities.
– Advanced A-D/D-A conversion, premium multi-layered board circuitry and rock steady JetPLL™clocking delivers extremely clean, transparent audio at a dynamic range of 119dB with 24-bit resolution at sample rates up to 192kHz.
Dante Audio Networking
– Harnessing the power of Dante’s tried and tested digital audio networking system, RedNet forms an extremely scalable, modular audio distribution system that is compatible with any other Dante enabled products.
– RedNet’s modular “building block” design means that each system can be specified with any combination of RedNet units to ensure your system has the right type and quantity of I/O exactly where you need them.
– With many different options for interfacing with other hardware, whether it's MADI, AES 3, analogue, Mac, PC, Pro Tools|HD, or Dante-based products - RedNet will function with a huge range of devices and features multiple connectivity options.