The Ultimate Desktop Audio Interface and Studio Control for Mac and iPad
Apogee Quartet is the ultimate desktop audio interface and studio control center for professional recording on Mac and iPad. Made for the musician, producer and engineer that wants the ultimate sound quality and studio control in a compact desktop form factor, Quartet features legendary Apogee AD/DA conversion, 4 world-class microphone preamps, USB MIDI I/O, ESS Sabre32 DAC technology and monitor controls.
With Quartet’s 4 Combo inputs you can connect microphones, guitars, keyboards or line level devices such as external mic preamps or a mixing board. Expand your system with 8 additional inputs via Quartets optical (ADAT/SMUX) digital IN. Quartet also includes 8 analog outputs – 6 1/4” balanced outputs for connection to speakers or outboard equipment and a separate, independently controlled 1/4” stereo headphone output. You can control up to 3 pairs of speakers or set Quartet up for 5.1 surround monitoring.
A difference you will hear
From the mic preamps to the AD/DA converters and the clocking, Quartet is best-in-class and cutting-edge Apogee technology. With components carefully selected in critical listening tests and a highly efficient circuit design, Quartet was built by Apogee engineers to make a difference you can hear.
Pristine, next generation AD/DA converters
Quartet’s AD/DA converters are designed to deliver the purest recordings and best listening experience possible. Quartet’s efficient circuitry and state-of-the-art components provide a simplified signal path resulting in incredibly transparent recordings.
Smooth, detailed world-class mic preamps
Much like the AD/DA converters, Quartet’s mic preamps feature the latest components and offer seamless click-free transitions as the gain increases and decreases throughout the incredible range of 0-75dB. This unprecedented feature allows you to dial in the perfect level, either with the controller knob or from within software, while delivering ultra-low noise and smooth, crisp detail. Quartet’s mic pres are suitable for all dynamic, condenser or ribbon microphones, allowing you to capture any sound without compromise.
Soft Limit for protection from digital overs
An Apogee technology first introduced in 1992 on Apogee’s AD-500 converter, Soft Limit can be heard on countless platinum selling records around the world. Once a technology exclusively reserved for Apogee’s most advanced audio converters, Soft Limit is included in Quartet and can be enabled in Apogee Maestro software.
This superior analog design prevents the digital clipping that causes distortion by instantaneously rounding off transient peaks before they hit the analog-to-digital converter. Soft Limit allows several more decibels of apparent level to be recorded while subtly providing an analog-like warmth to the sound.
ESS Sabre32 DAC Technology
ESS Sabre32 32-bit Hyperstream DAC with Time Domain Jitter Eliminator offers unequalled dynamic range, ultra low distortion, and unmatched audio clarity free from input jitter.
While ESS Sabre32 DAC has been widely recognized and employed in the audiophile community as the next step in converter technology, Apogee is one of the first pro audio manufacturers to employ this DAC in an interface designed for audio and video professionals. ESS Sabre32 DAC technology, as employed in Duet 2, Duet for iPad & Mac, Quartetand Symphony I/O, is one ingredient in the Apogee Engineering Difference. The benefits of the ESS Sabre32 DAC include:
32-bit DAC Architecture – Compared to older 24-bit technology, the Sabre32 DAC’s 32-bit filter processing results in significantly lower noise and distortion, for a pure listening experience free from artifacts. 32-bit digital attenuation ensures that sonic purity is maintained at any listening level.
Time Domain Jitter Elimination removes clock inconsistencies from the incoming digital data, so the converted analog output preserves the clarity and soundstage detail of the original recording.
- Computer: Intel Mac 1.5GHz or faster
- Memory: 2 GB RAM minimum, 4 GB recommended
- OS: 10.6.8, 10.7.5 or greater
- Connection and power: Any available USB port on a Mac
- Power: DC Power supply included
iOS device compatibility:
- iOS version: 6 or greater
- Connection: Lightning connector
- DC Power supply included
- iPod touch (5th generation), iPod touch (4th generation)
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5
- iPhone 4s, iPhone 4
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad (4th generation), iPad (3rd generation), iPad 2
- iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini
- Any Mac Core Audio compatible application
- Recommended apps: Logic, GarageBand, MainStage, Final Cut, Pro Tools, Ableton Live, Digital Performer, Studio One, Cubase, and Nuendo
- Any iOS Core Audio compatible app. Recommended apps: GarageBand, Auria
- EIN: 128dB (un-weighted) @ 60dB, 150Ohm input
- Max input level: +20dBu
- Input impedance: 3KOhm
- Max input level 14 dBu
- Input impedance: >2MOhm
- Max input level (+4dBu ref): +20dBu
- Max input level (-10dBV ref): +6dBV
- Input impedance: 5KOhm
- Freq resp 20 Hz -20Khz: > +/-0.2dB (@44.1Khz)
- Rel. THD + N: -106dB (@ 96Khz)
- Dyn. Range: 114dB (A-weighted)
- Max output level (+4dBu ref): +20dBu
- Max output level (-10dBV ref): +6dBV
- Line output impedance: 90 Ohm
- Max output level headphones: 19dBu
- HPH output impedance 30 Ohm.
- Freq resp 20Hz -20 Khz: > +/- 0.05dB (@44.1Khz)
- Rel. THD+N : -113dB (@96Khz)
- Dyn Range: 123dB (A-weighted)
- Lightning Cable
- 2 meter USB Cable
- Universal Power Supply with standard 3 pin-IEC cable
- QuickStart Guide
- Instructions for download of software and complete documentation