Apogee Element 46 Thunderbolt Audio I/O
Borrowing the technology from the highly-regarded Symphony I/O MKII, Ensemble Thunderbolt, and Groove, the Element 46 from Apogee Electronics offers 12x14 of audio I/O for Mac, well suited for producers, engineers, bands, or anyone looking for professional-quality conversion. The Element features boutique-quality mic preamps and selectable 48V phantom power for connecting microphones, instruments, or line-level sources. The 46 offers four analog inputs via four XLR-1/4" combo connectors, while the six outputs are offered via two balanced XLR and two 1/4" TRS stereo headphone connectors.
Additional I/O is offered from a single set of optical TOSLINK ports providing ADAT, SMUX, and S/PDIF protocols. Word clock I/O is also provided for syncing with other digital audio gear. The modern, streamlined Apogee Control interface app with Essentials Control Strip window gives you access to all controls and settings for the Element hardware. Adjust input/output levels, select input type, configure up to three low-latency mixes, and more. Additionally, the unit can be wirelessly controlled from an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch, via the free Apogee Control Remote for iOS app, which gives you access to the hardware settings included in the Apogee Control Essentials Window.
• 12 IN x 14 OUT Thunderbolt Audio I/O box
• AD/DA conversion for recording up to 192kHz/24-bit
• 4 analogue inputs with world-class mic preamps and selectable 48v phantom power for connecting microphones, instruments or line-level devices (4 combination inputs)
• 6 analogue outputs (2 balanced L/R XLR outputs, 2 1/4” stereo headphone output)
• Single port Thunderbolt connectivity to Mac for ultra-low latency performance (1.41ms round-trip at 96kHz with a 32 buffer setting)
• Optical IN: Supports ADAT, SMUX & S/PDIF
• Optical OUT: Supports ADAT, SMUX & S/PDIF
• Word Clock IN/OUT via BNC connections for syncing with other digital audio gear
• Element Control Software for Mac provides all control of hardware parameters including input gain, output level and low latency monitoring
• Element Control Mobile App provides wireless remote control of hardware via iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
• Works with Apogee Control - Optional desktop hardware remote control (Sold separately)
• Multi-Unit Thunderbolt support - Connect any two Element audio I/O boxes directly to Thunderbolt ports on your computer