Apogee Groove - Headphone USB DAC
Designed for the discerning audiophile, mixing, and mastering engineer alike, the Apogee Groove is a 24-bit 192 kHz USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for both Mac and PC computer systems. The DAC is powered by your computer's USB bus and can be used with either headphones or powered monitors using a Y cable from the unit's 1/8" stereo output.
Small enough to fit in the palm of your hand and built in the USA from premium aluminum, the device leverages an 8-converter ESS Sabre 32-Bit DAC chip in a novel Quad Sum arrangement. Both the left and right channels of the stereo feed utilize four digital to analog converters which are summed together to lower distortion and improve dynamic range. The device also implements a Constant Current Drive design which provides ample power at any impedance and ensures a smooth and balanced frequency response.
Simply connect the unit to your Mac or PC computer via the included USB micro B cable to enhance the listening experience of your favorite DAW or music program such as iTunes, Spotify, Tidal, Pandora, and more. LED illuminated volume up and volume down/mute buttons provide hands on control of your listening experience. An integrated leash loop allows you to attach a leash to the unit to help keep it safe. It also comes with a convenient carrying pouch.
• USB 2.0 connection to Mac and PC
• Up to 24 bit / 192kHz audio
• ESS Sabre DAC
• Enhances your iTunes, Tidal, Spotify, Pandora or other music listening experiences
• Constant Current Drive™ provides smooth frequency response with any headphones
• Quad Sum DAC™, 4 DACs per channel for highest dynamic range and lowest distortion
• Asynchronous clocking
• Multi-color LEDs for status and level indication
• Powered by USB
• Top panel buttons adjust and mute volume
• Compact and portable (95mm L x 30mm W x 16mm H)
• Premium aluminum build quality