Apogee Duet for Mac, PC and iOS devices
The Duet USB Audio Interface for iPad, Mac and Windows 10 from Apogee is a portable audio interface that builds on the success of the Duet 2 by adding compatibility with Windows 10 to Mac and iOS devices. For mac users, it provides a direct digital Lightning connection that allows for DC charging of the Apple device.
This interface is capable of making studio quality recordings of vocals, guitars, bass, keyboards, drums, and other sources. The unit's portability and option of being USB bus powered allows you to create music any time. The microphone preamps offer high-gain amplification for capturing performances clearly, and the outputs are capable of presenting detailed and well imaged sound for mixing and mastering.
The dual microphone preamps feature enhanced components and seamless, click-free transitions throughout the 75 dB of gain. The preamps are optimized for any sound source, so no matter what's being recorded, it gets captured in detail. The interface utilizes an ESS Sabre32 32-bit hyperstream DAC with circuitry to eliminate time domain jitter and provide ample dynamic range and low distortion conversion. A full color, high-resolution OLED display is the main control center for the Duet, providing visual feedback for multiple functions including metering, numeric value for input and output levels, input grouping, phase, muting, phantom power and Soft Limit indication. The display provides immediate status of the inputs and outputs without having to refer to Maestro or the host recording software.
Stereo headphones or left and right mono speaker outs can be assigned in pairs to output 1-2 or 3-4 or the low latency mixer, and each can be placed in stereo, mono, muted or dimmed modes. It is possible for a DJ to monitor a separate mix in headphones while sending a house mix to the club, a live performer to send a click track to in-ear monitors while sending a backing track to front-of-house, and a recording engineer to send a headphone mix to the performer while dedicating the main outputs to studio monitors.
For use with iOS devices, an optional Lightning or 30-pin cable may be purchased. The Duet ships with a USB cable for connecting to your Mac or PC.
• Apogee Electronics Duet USB Audio Interface for iPad, Mac & Windows 10
• Breakout Cable
• USB Cable
• AD/DA conversion for recording up to 192kHz / 24-bit.
• 2 analog inputs with world-class mic preamps and selectable 48v phantom power for connecting microphones, instruments or line-level devices.
• 4 analog outputs – 2 balanced 1/4” mono outputs for speakers or outboard gear, 1/4” stereo headphone output.
• USB 2.0 High Speed connection to Mac or Windows PC
• Direct digital connection to iPad and iOS devices (iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Lightning and 30-pin cable sold separately).
• Software control of hardware parameters including input selection and low latency monitoring.