Apogee Element 88 Thunderbolt Audio I/O
Borrowing the technology from the highly-regarded Symphony I/O MKII, Ensemble Thunderbolt, and Groove, the Element 88 from Apogee Electronics offers 16x16 of audio I/O for Mac, well suited for producers, engineers, bands, or anyone looking for professional-quality conversion. The Element features boutique-quality mic preamps and selectable 48V phantom power for connecting microphones, instruments, or line-level sources. The 88 offers eight analog inputs via four XLR-1/4" combo and four XLR connectors, while the eight outputs are offered via two balanced XLR, two balanced 1/4", and two 1/4" TRS stereo headphone connectors.
Additional I/O is offered from two sets of optical TOSLINK ports providing ADAT, SMUX, and S/PDIF protocols. Word clock I/O is also provided for syncing with other digital audio gear. The modern, streamlined Apogee Control interface app with Essentials Control Strip window gives you access to all controls and settings for the Element hardware. Adjust input/output levels, select input type, configure up to three low-latency mixes, and more. Additionally, the unit can be wirelessly controlled from an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch, via the free Apogee Control Remote for iOS app, which gives you access to the hardware settings included in the Apogee Control Essentials Window.
• 16-in/16-out Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac computers
• Up to 24-bit/192kHz AD/DA conversion for recording
• 4 front-panel mic/line/instrument inputs on combi connectors
• 4 front-panel mic/line inputs on XLR connectors
• 8 world-class Apogee mic preamps, selectable phantom power
• 8 analog outputs: 2 balanced rear-panel XLR outputs and 2 balanced 1/4" outputs
• 2 x 1/4" stereo headphone outputs
• Single-port Thunderbolt connectivity with 1.41ms round-trip latency at 96kHz (with buffer setting 32)
• Optical In — supports ADAT, SMUX, and S/PDIF: ADAT — 8 channels, 44.1kHz-48kHz on 1 TOSlink connector; SMUX — 8 channels, 88.2kHz-96kHz on 2 TOSlink connectors; S/PDIF — 2 channels, up to 192kHz on 1 TOSlink connector
• Optical Out — supports ADAT, SMUX, and S/PDIF: ADAT — 8 channels, 44.1kHz-48kHz on 1 TOSlink connector; SMUX — 8 channels, 88.2kHz-96kHz on 2 TOSlink connectors; S/PDIF — 2 channels, up to 192kHz on 1 TOSlink connector
• Word clock I/O (BNC connectors) for sync with other digital audio gear