AIR Music Technology The Riser
The Riser is an all-new instrument for designing musical transitions of epic proportions. A powerful, synth-based instrument, The Riser features all of the tools you need to compose heart-stopping transitions in one intuitive user-interface. In seconds, you can construct rises, falls, swells, fades, and more, based on our coveted sound synthesis technology. For instant inspiration, The Riser includes 300 pro-grade presets that you can edit, deconstruct, copy, mangle, and implement into your tracks.
Transitions add suspense, hype, drama, and movement to your music. Cymbal swells and reversed instruments were go-to transitions for years, until the DAW pioneered fast and flexible audio editing, paving the way for complex sound effects. When combined with synths and other audio shaping tools, transitions completed their metamorphosis from science to art. Until now, this process has convoluted and time-intensive, taking attention away from the overall project itself. The composer spent more time trying to get plugins, virtual sample players, hardware effects, sound modules, and other gear to play nice with each other – and that was before hitting “record”.
Featuring the most powerful and musical virtual synthesis available, The Riser can be used to create classic transitions or effects never-before-heard by human ears. The core of The Riser’s mojo are three continuously variable oscillators; sweep, noise and chord. Each oscillator features a dedicated Filter send and graphical parameter depiction.
• Transition designer optimized for electronic music production, scoring, and remix work
• 3 editable oscillators; sweep, noise, and chord
• 3 LFOs; free-running, tempo-synced, and Pumper
• 23 filter types including multi-pole and phase shift
• 300 professionally designed, editable presets
• Randomizer generates patches at the click of a button
• Invert mode creates complementary patches by instantly changing transition direction
• Easy MIDI-Learn Mode; just click and twist to assign parameters to your favorite MIDI controller hardware
• Pumper effect creates pulsating movement
• Configurable delay and reverb with wet/dry processing; 4 reverb types
• Adjustable panning movements and master stereo width control
• 64-bit AU; 32- and 64-bit VST/AAX; Mac or Windows