Avid Continues to Deliver the Most Versatile and Accessible Tools for Editors with a New Version of Avid Media Composer
Burlington, MA, February 2, 2016 – Avid® today announced a new version of Avid Media Composer® that enables video editing professionals to work faster and more easily with the industry’s most proven video editing software. Available now, the latest enhancements—including support for high dynamic range (HDR) workflows—further deliver on Avid EverywhereTM by giving video professionals the most versatile and accessible tools for professional creative editorial.
With better-organised tools, working with Media Composer is now easier and more intuitive than ever. New features make editing simpler and more fun, while tools and interface elements are organised in a more logical order, enabling editors to work more efficiently and intuitively—whether they’re a Media Composer veteran or a Final Cut or Premier Pro user.
Continuing the steady stream of new tools that enable video professionals to work with the latest media technologies, the new version of Media Composer enables video professionals to take on HDR projects. Along with Avid Resolution Independence and high-resolution workflows, Media Composer’s support for HDR workflows enables editors to overcome today’s—and tomorrow’s—technology challenges.
The new version of Media Composer also enables editors to work up to 64 audio tracks—250% more than previously available—and delivers more power under the hood, giving editors the performance they need to work faster and focus purely on their story.
Trusted by professional editors in every segment of movie making, television, broadcast, and streaming media, Media Composer delivers accelerated high-resolution and HD workflows, real-time collaboration, and powerful media management, eliminating time-consuming tasks so users can focus on telling a great story.
The new version of Media Composer is now available for purchase and as a free download to current Media Composer customers with an active Upgrade & Support Plan or Subscription.
Note to editors:
The new version of Media Composer enables video professionals to:
- Edit faster with better-organised tools – Users can access key tools and features faster thanks to several updates to menus and drop downs that make accessing tools more intuitive, productive, and fun. This delivers even greater efficiency, enabling editors to focus more time on their creative storytelling.
- Work with up to 64 audio tracks – Users can create bigger, richer soundtracks with 250% more audio tracks than previously available.
- Take on dynamic HDR projects – Media Composer now supports high dynamic range (HDR) workflows, enabling users to edit and grade projects using new color specs that display a greater dynamic range than standard video.
- Get better visual feedback when editing – Users can edit with greater precision—and confidence—with new high-visibility feedback displayed as they edit in the timeline.
- Straighten images quickly with FrameFlex rotation – Users can now quickly rotate images a little or a lot by rotating the framing box in FrameFlex.
- Experience better performance – All played frames—and all effects applied to those clips—are now cached in RAM. This allows for a smoother, stutter-free performance when scrubbing or playing back a complex sequence multiple times.
- Work faster and more easily with many enhancement and improvements:
- Experience better performance in full screen playback mode
- Easily sync Broadcast Wave audio files with video clips with subframe accuracy
- Add one or more custom columns to a bin easily through a contextual menu
- Copy and paste frame numbers in bin columns
- Find and filter effects faster and easier with the updated Effects palette
- Rename, edit, and delete custom project presets with the Preset Manager
- Use Media Composer on OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) and Windows 10 computers
- Group master clips using audio waveform analysis
- Start a frame count at “1” instead of “0” (zero) for timecode burn-in segments
- Resize and configure the Audio Mixer for your project at hand
- Preserve field recorder metadata across multiple audio tracks when importing/linking
© 2016 Avid Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Avid, the Avid logo, Avid Everywhere, Eleven, Interplay, ISIS, Media Composer, Pro Tools and Sibelius are trademarks or registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. The Interplay name is used with the permission of the Interplay Entertainment Corp. which bears no responsibility for Avid products. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Product features, specifications, system requirements and availability are subject to change without notice.