Avid Fast Track Solo & Duo Bring Pro Quality to Mobile Recording
Avid has announced two new portable audio interfaces for composing and recording
high-quality music - Avid Fast Track Solo and Fast Track Duo.
Both interfaces feature a robust industrial design, include Pro Tools Express software for Mac and PC, and connect directly to the iPad®, providing high-quality I/O for supported iOS apps. Designed for musicians, students, and aspiring professionals, Fast Track Solo and Duo offer easy entry into the Pro Tools family. Key features include:
Pro Tools Express software
- Provides many of the same tools and features used in commercial recording studios.
- Records up to 16 stereo audio tracks and offers full MIDI editing and notation tools.
- Includes high-quality virtual instruments and effects for creating the best sounding work.
- Facilitates time, tempo and pitch adjustments with Elastic Time and Elastic Pitch.
- Users get session compatibility with Pro Tools and Pro Tools HD systems.
- Provides ideal form factor for home, studio, and mobile applications.
- Features a rugged metal chassis and reinforced controls and jacks, offering protection against physical damage.
- Enables the capture of two sources simultaneously at 24-bit, 48 kHz resolution with high-quality mic preamps and inputs:
- Allows direct monitoring while recording without latency.
- Enables users to create anywhere on Mac or PC with the Bus-powered USB port.
- Allows direct iPad connection with tablet port — No iPad Camera Connection Kit needed.
- Fast Track Solo includes one mic preamp and one instrument input.
- Fast Track Duo includes two mic preamps/instrument inputs and two line inputs.